Instead of skipping the most important meal of the day, dig into deliciousness in a mug with this fiber-packed breakfast. Not only is this dish extremely easy to make, it’s a perfect portable fit for that cup holder on the drive to work.
Protein Boost: Add 1/2 scoop of vanilla Cellucor COR-Performance Whey and a few more tablespoons of almond milk to ensure it doesn’t dry out when cooking.
- Instant, uncooked oats (1/2 cup)
- Egg (1 large)
- Milled flaxseed (1 tbsp)
- Unsweetened almond milk (1/3 cup)
- Raw honey (2 tsp), or 1g Stevia
- Fresh or frozen blueberries (1/3 cup)
- Coconut oil spray
- Cinnamon (1 dash)
- Spray the inside of a tall coffee mug with coconut oil.
- Combine the oatmeal, flaxseed, cinnamon, almond milk, egg, and raw honey or Stevia in the mug.
- Toss in fresh or frozen blueberries and gently mix together.
- Place the mug in the microwave for 3 minutes, but check it after 2 minutes of cooking to ensure it doesn’t bubble over.
- Use caution when handling; it’ll be pretty hot. Enjoy the oatmeal by itself or with milk, Greek yogurt, or almond butter.
Serving size: 1 mug (without boost). Recipe yields 1 serving.
- Calories: 323
- Fat: 12g
- Carbs: 43g
- Protein: 14g